Whether for just one semester or for an entire course of study, a wide range of scholarships are available to those who would like to study in Sweden. Here we will take a closer look at all the scholarships offered in Sweden and show you what kind of funding sources you are eligible for as an exchange student or free mover.

The Swedish Institute

This is a government agency that encourages international students to study in Sweden. This serves, among other things, to multiply the universities in Sweden and to promote creativity and innovation in Sweden. However, financial aid is only available to students from certain countries who are pursuing certain fields of study.

Typically, you have to choose between the period of 3. Up to 11. Apply in February, which is the February before you start your studies (if you are applying for the 2015 winter semester or the 2016 summer semester, you must apply in February 2015). Information is published as early as December, but you can't apply until that one week in February. If you need more information regarding the Swedish Institute, visit their website at.

The university you attend

Many universities in Sweden are trying to attract international students to study at their campuses. You must apply directly to the university either through the financial aid office or through student services.

The conditions for financial aid from a university will always vary, but they are generally based on the following factors: your home country, the timing of your study abroad, the number of semesters of study you have already completed, the program you have applied for, your grade point average during secondary school, and extracurricular activities you are involved in or would like to be involved in during your studies.

Your university will give you detailed information about their available scholarships and the application deadlines, application process and selection criteria. You may have to do a little more research to find out what your university has to offer, but if it helps you financially, it is well worth the time and effort.

DAAD and other organizations

As a German exchange student, you have a few more options to fall back on and get financial support from German organizations, since strictly speaking you are still enrolled in your German university.

First, you can apply for a scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). These scholarships are sometimes very extensive and often even include so many costs that you yourself do not have to pay much for your stay abroad. For this reason in particular, they are very popular among students, so it is advisable to apply for a scholarship from the DAAD as early as possible.

In addition, you can get financial help and support with the help of the Deutschlandstipendium as well as scholarships from political, ecclesiastical or private organizations and foundations. Another option that you can make use of as an exchange student in Sweden is student loans from the bank or education funds from federal states.

In addition, you can finance your stay through the Auslandsbafog. Since there are different limits than for Bafog in Germany, you can also benefit if you are not entitled to Bafog in Germany. The only conditions are a permanent residence in Germany and a certain minimum duration of your stay abroad.

It is possible to apply for several scholarships and end up applying for only one. So if you need financial help, you should apply for at least one scholarship; this will greatly increase your chance of being accepted.

It is best to contact the exchange office of your German university; they will be able to provide you with the necessary application forms and documents you need to apply for financial support.

Even if you don't need help, some support and funding can help you during your university career. In addition, you avoid a lot of stress when you have to fulfill your financial conditions at the migration authorities (more about this in the section "Visa and Immigration"). Your university is always the first place you should start your search for financial aid, as they can give you tips and resources that are not accessible to outside sites, such as our own.

Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: